Email: [email protected]
About the Company
About the Company
Debbie Draper Educational Consultant in Barossa Valley, South Australia was established in December 2017.
In January 2018, the company was officially launched through a Facebook page with the goal of reaching out to school leaders and teachers who need guidance in planning and evaluating their learning programmes.
Two decades of experience in educational coordination, consultancy and implementation have shown me that one-off generic presentations are not effective. Hence, I aim to provide quality learning for various school contexts and tailor new approaches and strategies that address the needs of the students, teachers and leaders of the institution I serve.
Get to Know Me
Get to Know Me
When I was in year five at primary school in rural South Australia I decided I wanted to be a teacher. I've always been passionate about teaching and learning. After 17 years in the classroom I decided to switch my focus to assisting educators to do the best by their students.
Years of practice have enabled me to gain the skills and knowledge required to provide assistance and advice for educational institutions. All throughout my career, I have been dedicated to helping educators to recognise and solve the unique challenges they encounter in their schools.
I co-wrote the DECD Unlocking the World “Gifted Education and Higher Order Thinking: Improving Learning Outcomes for every Student” tutor training programme and teacher development courses. Those materials were delivered to various South Australia sites as well as to international schools and the public education system in Hong Kong.
Additionally, I co-developed a support model in response to the needs of the overwhelming number of sites involved in the comprehension strategy in Northern Adelaide.
“Stories from the Field” attests to the impact of the professional learning programme on teacher capacity and efficacy as well as student learning outcomes. Leaders, later on, report on the quality and positive impact of the professional learning and resources that I co-developed to support teacher learning.
Bachelor of Education, Flinders University of South Australia
Graduate Certificate: Educational Computing
Graduate Certificate Units in:
- Aboriginal Literacy; Cultural Understandings and Inclusive Practices
- Understanding Giftedness
- Public Administration (Action Learning Project – Management)
Accredited Tutor in:
- Inclusive Education: Teaching Students With Learning Difficulties and Disabilities in Mainstream Classrooms
- Inclusive Education: Gifted Education and Higher Order Thinking: Improving Learning Outcomes for Every Student (Co-writer)
- 2016 - 2017 National Facilitator – Principals Australia Institute (KidsMatter and MindMatters)
- 2015 - 2014 Primary Australian Curriculum Implementation Officer, DECD
- 2013 Primary Australian Curriculum Facilitator, Barossa Valley & Plains Clusters, DECD
- 2012 - 2010 Regional Curriculum Consultant R - 10, Northern Adelaide Region
- 2009 Regional Curriculum Consultant R -12, Barossa Region
- 2008 - 2006 Curriculum Advisor R -12, Barossa District
- 2005 - 2006 Learning Band Coordinator Early and Primary Years, Barossa Region
- 2005 - 2002 Assistant Principal, Williamstown Primary School
- 2001 Acting Principal, Term 2-4, Playford Primary School Assistant Principal, Term 1, Playford Primary School
- 2000 Educational Consultant, Flinders University of South Australia Educational Consultant (Private) – Focus on Inclusive and Differentiated Curriculum, Intellectual Stretch Through Higher Order Thinking Skills
- 1997 - 1999 Deputy Principal, Whyalla Town Primary School
- 1996 - 1993 State Coordinator, Students With High Intellectual Potential Focus School Programme
- 1977 - 1992 Classroom Teacher